Designed and Developed by One Laptop Per Child (OLPC): The XO Tablet has been fully designed and developed by One Laptop Per Child to harness the power of a connected touchscreen device to create new ways for children to learn. Its launch also marks the global debut of the XO Learning System, designed as a child-centric interface to empower kids to build, learn and dream as part of OLPC’s mission. OLPC was launched in 2005 at the MIT Media Lab as a project to provide a modern education to every child around the world through access to laptops and connected devices. The organization has since distributed 2.5 million of its specially designed XO laptops to children in 60 countries, and the XO Tablet extends that experience into a modern tablet form factor
Full Android Tablet: the XO Tablet features a high-resolution screen, dual-core processor, and the latest Android operating system.
Educational Curriculum: lessons draw from the top names in education, including Oxford University and Discovery Communication.
Parental Controls: parental dashboards track usage and learning styles, allowing parents to better understand their child’s development.
Bilingual: all content is available in both English and Spanish. With one tap, users can easily switch between languages.
- Size: 7.6" x 4.65" x .39"
- Screen Size: 7"
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600
- Storage: 8GB
- Processor: 1.6GHz dual core
- Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- RAM: 1GB
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Camera: 1.2MP Front-Facing / 2.0MP Rear-Facing
- Battery Life: up to 7.5 hours
- Pre-Loaded Content: 100+ apps included, content valued at over $200
- Included Accessories: Bumper case, charger
- App Store: Google Play Store, plus curated Dream Store (through Barnes and Noble)
- Languages: English and Spanish
- # of Unique Users: 3 kids + parent
- Google Certification: YES